When visiting St. Augustine, Florida with children, there are plenty of family-friendly activities and attractions to enjoy. Here are some top things to do with children in St. Augustine:
- St. Augustine Pirate & Treasure Museum: Embark on a swashbuckling adventure at the Pirate & Treasure Museum. Kids can explore interactive exhibits, learn about pirates, see authentic artifacts, and even embark on a treasure hunt.
- St. Augustine Alligator Farm Zoological Park: Get up close with fascinating reptiles at the Alligator Farm Zoological Park. Kids can see alligators, crocodiles, exotic birds, monkeys, and other wildlife. The park also features educational shows and feeding demonstrations.
- Castillo de San Marcos National Monument: Visit the historic Castillo de San Marcos, the oldest masonry fort in the United States. Kids can explore the fort’s rooms, walk along the ramparts, and learn about its intriguing history through exhibits and ranger-led programs.
- Ripley’s Believe It or Not!: Explore the oddities and curiosities at Ripley’s Believe It or Not! Kids will be amazed by the unusual exhibits, interactive displays, and mind-boggling illusions.
- St. Augustine Lighthouse & Maritime Museum: Climb the steps of the St. Augustine Lighthouse for panoramic views and learn about maritime history at the museum. Kids can participate in a scavenger hunt and explore hands-on exhibits.
- St. Augustine Wild Reserve: Take a tour of the St. Augustine Wild Reserve, a sanctuary for exotic animals. Kids can observe and learn about tigers, wolves, leopards, and other rescued animals.
- Fort Matanzas National Monument: Visit Fort Matanzas, a Spanish fort set on an island accessible by a short boat ride. Kids can explore the fort, hike nature trails, and enjoy the surrounding marshland.
- Colonial Quarter: Step back in time at the Colonial Quarter, a living history museum. Kids can experience life in the 16th and 17th centuries through interactive exhibits, demonstrations, and colonial games.
- St. Augustine Aquarium: Discover marine life at the St. Augustine Aquarium. Kids can touch stingrays, feed sharks, and explore interactive exhibits showcasing local and exotic sea creatures.
- Fountain of Youth Archaeological Park: Experience the legend of the Fountain of Youth at this park. Kids can sip from the “magical” spring, visit reconstructed Native American dwellings, and learn about the Spanish exploration of Florida.
These activities and attractions offer engaging and educational experiences for children in St. Augustine, ensuring a memorable and enjoyable visit for the whole family.